Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

it's the hardest thing i'll ever have to do....

Okay maybe not THE hardest but i really wanted to quote 98 degrees there.
BUT it is probably the hardest decision i've had to make since i decided what highschool i was going to go to.

DO I LIVE IN REZ THIS YEAR?

Okay the one side is that I love rez and I love being on my own and having my space. Also, I love having friends around me when I want to hang out, and being at the school and just feeling this sense of belonging. I don't like living at home. I don't. I didn't want to come home this summer, but i did. It's not that bad, my parents are great, I have a car to use and don't have to pay rent. BUT it's not my space. I would love to go and live in rez and be around all my friends - i'd even get to live with 2 of the greatest friends I made last year in rez.

HERES THE CATCH:
I have to pay for it myself, i get that. Since I'm doing a co-op term and not actually going to school right now, why would my parents pay for it. SO there's $5000 gone . PLUS it's farther away from where I work, which in the winter is going to sUCKIty suck for driving. Oh and there are no good transit routes to there either. Getting to work every day would take me an hour if i did transit, probably not much shorter in the winter if i drove.
PLUS my parents keep playing the 'you should be saving your money' card. I hate that card. I do save my money, but is it so bad that i want to s pend this money on me? To make me happy??

SO.. what do i do? I don't know. I have to decide by Friday, so I guess I'll let you know then.

On a happier, less stressful note, this past weekend Andrew and I went to Sylvan Lake to visit my friend Leanne. Their place is gorgeous and her parents and family were so great to us. We worked on our tans, ate poutine and ice cream (not together, i know frosties and fries are good, but that is not the same), danced and laughed and had a great GREAT time. Thanks so much Leanne for having us. Here are some pictures:











When we got there our room was all laid out like a hotel, how cute is that?
And on the right - Andrew and I and the view on Leanne's back yard. Yeah.. that's a little bay and a marina. GORGEOUS!











Leanne and I have a classy little drink and then we all head out for a night on the town.










Oh, did i mention this little 'bed & breakfast' had the best darn waffles served fresh every morning?? There's Chef Leanne in her kitchen!
On the right, Andrew contemplates what I can only assume is 'the meaning of life' while taking in the view. Seriously, he was just sitting out there like that one morning, i could not have staged a better picture.










Well, all too soon it came time to wave goodbye. The only good part about leaving was that on the way home we stopped to get gas and saw this awesome little place (click to enlarge picture & see what the sign says), so i made my Andy hold it in his giant hands.. hehe.

Alright I better get to bed, if I can with all of these questions about this upcoming school year swirling around in my head. AAAAGh, I just don't want to regret my decision. That's the hardest part. Wish me luck!

Love,
Colleen

2 Comments:

  • At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Colleen, I know you will figure out what to do! Let me know what the final decision is.

    Oh, and by the way, it's 7 - 7:30 this Saturday. Be there or Be Square. (And we are now you're not square). And don't worry, I shall call you about that book!! XOXO

    Darlene

     
  • At 12:16 AM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    Wow anonymous is so useful and directed you to a site with information that would lead you to come to a descicion.

    Looks like you had fun at Leanne's. Not as much fun as you will have with ME...but still

    Akiva

     

Post a Comment

<< Home