Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

WARNING: Graphic Content (not for the squemish or easily startled)

Alright, i made it through the tonsillectomy and then my grampas funeral and then just didn't feel like writing for quite a while. So now i'm here, trying to make up for lost time.

I fully documented my stay in the hospital.. well.. without the actual surgery stuff cause i was kinda knocked out for that making picture taking impossible. Lets start with a nice graphic look at what my throat looked like before, w/huge tonsils.. followed by the after shot so you can see just how great it is now.












Okay so you can see some white stuff in my throat on the right but thats just my throat healing from the cauterizing and all. I took that pic about a week ago and i think that's pretty much all gone now. Lovely, i know.

Alright well that was the end of the graphic pictures, now i'll show you what i did pre-surgery while waiting around for hours and post-surgery in my hospital bed : KNIT!













Yeah. check the awesome blue gown. I so wish i could have kept that. But okay, all knitting aside.. it was really the most painful thing i have ever experienced, the week after was HELL. I was extremely hungry & thirsty, anything and everything hurt my throat, plus i had the funeral to go to.. and get this, on my list of things not to do after sugery: do not CRY. umm right. i broke that one. Anyhow here's a pic of me right after waking up from the anesthetic, and then my hand after they took that horrid IV out. I had that bruise for weeks. Gah.









Alright well thats that.
It was painfull as all hell, for too damn long. But i'm great now and the only side affect is sometimes when i drink too fast it comes out my nose. I sure hope that doesn't last or it'd be the end of my beer bonging days (wait, when were those?).

Oh and i think i'm out of my blogging slump now so i'll probably be posting lots more soon. And my knitting is getting pretty big. I'll take a pic soon.
:)

Colleen

3 Comments:

  • At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey you!

    Well slugger im sure glad you are feeling better! Cant wait to come back to the big C and see you and everyone else! You better be up for some late night drivin with the 80's music cranked when i get back!

    Miss you tons cutie!
    Luv Linds
    BFFAAUTEOFAII
    yeah u remember!!...at least u better!

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    Awwww...Seeing all those pics make me wish I was there for you at the hospital holding your hand (not that you took me up on that with that tattoo but whatever!). Hope the Metric concert was awesome.

    Akiva

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    akive i agree!! AWWW..looking at those pics just makes me want to run over to your place and give you a huge hug ( even though i have no idea where you live ....and run like a duck!!!)! It was nice seeing you at the flames game! I miss ya soo much!
    Glad your almost all better
    Andrea

     

Post a Comment

<< Home