Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

to everything.. turn turn turn

Alright, a new season of learning. 2 days into classes and i'm still a mess... well lets clarify that, my room is a mess, i haven't bought any textbooks yet, i don't have many groceries, i'm tired and haven't unpacked much of my stuff. BUT it's a new year and i have many things to look forward to, so i had better get my ass in gear and get organized.

I got into the Co-op program in the Haskayne School of Business at UofC so i'm really stoked about that. What it means for me is that the business career centre will help me with my resume and interview skills and that jazz, then they provide me with a list of companies that have jobs for co-op students that they're affiliated with, i apply for a work term at several of the companies, and then i hopefully find one that i want to work for and that wants me. The first term they suggest is a summer term of 4 months, so that would mean i wouldn't have to work at Moxie's as a summer job!! YAAAY. Then they suggest you find a different company to do an 8 month work term with, that way you can get a taste of a few different things and see what you'd like to do for a career. This means taking a year off of school, so my degree will actually take me 5 years, but i will graduate with a 'co-op' designation. This is SO important to me and something that anyone who knew me last semester should know that i wanted SO much. I feel like i have been working so hard for so long and finally some pieces of my life are falling into place. VERY happy girl right here.

First i should start with some pictures taken before the end of the holidays:
It was Akiva's last 'official' night in Calgary before going back to T.O for school, so we thought we'd have a little night out. We were really bored, as you can see, so we did what any normal kids our age would do...










Retro boogie dance party in the car!! I came up with a little photo-collage to show you just how much fun we had.

Thank the lord for the timer function on my camera. What would i do without it.

Alright, first monday night back in rez.. of course we have to go for wings!! It was a very messy ordeal let me tell you, resulting in me getting honey garlic sauce on my face, in my hair, and on my cell phone... well worth it though, i might add.

If you saw this gang walking down the street you'd be shaking in your boots... okay well maybe not cause of the big grin on Carina's face, but everyone else sure looks scary.










Ooooh they just get scarier and scarier... those aren't chicken bones, they're real human bones.










A picture of my left eye, and 3 guys i don't know. This is why I should stick to taking the pictures guys. It was so nice to see everyone again though.

Well i think i might be going up to Edmonton this weekend with the Germans. YAY that would mean i'd get to hang out with my Lisa ! Other than that i guess i just have to make it through this week and try and get my act together.

Love you all,
Colleen

3 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    That pretty much made my life :P

    Akiva

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glad to see i made the list of people youd see if your in edmonton this weekend :( If you are let me know too, would love to see you!

    Luv Linds

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wana get in CPSC internship so bad it hurts.... you're really lucky,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home