Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Monday, November 21, 2005

i should be studying i should be studying i shouldn't be blogging i should be studying

Now that that's out of the way, i will blog even though i should be studying:

My fingers hurt from attempting to learn a new song on the guitar. I never play guitar for enough weeks in a row to build up callouses on my fingers so they allllways hurt when i pick it up again. Dammit! the piano doesn't hurt when you play it.. the saxophone doesn't hurt when you play it.. why does the guitar have to hurt when you play it? oh well it was the only rez-friendly instrument i had and i want to learn it so i'm going to no matter how much it hurts.

We went to Aussie Rules on friday night.. what fun!! Yay pianos and loud music and singing along to everything so loud that even now (monday night) my voice is still hoarse. K tell me it isn't way too cool that we took up the entire back half of the bus on the way there (note the beer in peoples' hands):









And i'm not lying i swear.. we had EVEN MORE FUN when we got there!

There was dancing & singing:









Secret telling & posing:









stage dancing & girl carrying:









And winning this free drink card from the gorgeous piano player man (ahem) for singing the loudest!! Wooohooo, no wonder my voice is dead!










Most of all there was just tons of standing on our chairs singing really loud, and spilling beer. Okay mostly just the first part, but there was a good amount of beer spilling:










Oh and just when you thought that was the end... after, there was a bunch of cab riding and pizza ordering and waiting and pizza eating with ranch dressing. But.. i didn't get pictures of that, i was too busy eating pizza.

The next morning i got up at 8:00 to go to a group meeting for Operations Management. I wasn't impressed. Then i went out to visit my grandparents in Hanna. My grampa is in the hospital and this was my first time out since my grandparents sold their house and moved into the lodge, so it was a really tough trip for me. It was also hard on my mom seeing her dad in the hospital and it was all just so emotional. My grampa has cancer and it spread to his bones and then throughout his entire body so he won't be getting better, but once he's stabilized and there's room for him he'll probably move to the nursing home wing of the hospital. Since we had no grandparents house to stay in anymore, i spent the night in my grampas unoccupied room at the lodge (the room is right across from my grammas room) and my parents stayed at my uncles. At one point i had to get all my emotions out on paper, so i wrote a few paragraphs and cried all over the paper and smeared the ink. Maybe i'll type it up and post it sometime, if only just because i want to be able to look back on it some day in the future when it's all over.

Well, thats enough depressing for one entry, maybe all the fun and all the sadness balanced out into lukewarm feelings :)

Love,
Colleen





1 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Hyojung said…

    thanks for your comment. :D i am a drama geek too. haha.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home