Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

winter knits

Alright so remember the toque i made as my first fair-isle knitting project? Well now i'm attempting mittens to match. Now yes, i have made mittens before, but those were crochet. This is knitting, and fair-isle at that, so it's going to be much more difficult. They could end up looking like crap -- rather, ONE could end up looking like crap, if it does i surely won't make the other one. Hahah. I dont have a pattern cause they're all too complicated to follow, so i'm going to just make it up as i go along.. how hard could mitts be? It's just a tube with an extra tube hanging off the side for the thumb. Well, i'm sure i could find many ways to screw it up so keep your fingers crossed for me. Here's a picture of my progress so far:










The pictures annoy me a bit because the purple is actually much more purple and not blue at all. Anyhow that mitten so far just took me one long night of t.v. watching, so i'm hoping they'll be done before my hands get too cold in this arctic climate.


Is it bad that i drink diet Pepsi like it's water? I would actually like to know how much it will diminish my quality of life or shorten my life span if i keep drinking 1 or 2 cans a day. Sometimes you have to weigh the dangers with the happiness it gives you and see if it's worth quitting. I'm a pepsiholic.... i'm addicted to PEPSIHOL!!!

Alright thats enough for now, short and sweet (to give you extra time to read my previous post the size of alaska).

I'll leave you with a pic of us girls when we went to the Den a few weeks ago:


Love,
Colleen

2 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    Hey sweetie,

    You are a knitting machine. I am so glad I can trust someone like you to make me a Herbert Warmer for the holidays *hint hint*

    Akiva

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i seriusly luv you though. Just talk to me.

    "cute guy who sits in front of you"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home