Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Monday, September 26, 2005

S. R. T...PEE?

As i sat here with my diet coke from McDonalds all ready to blog, i realized that i had nothing in particular to blog about. That is where the Scattered Random Thoughts come in. Plus these posts seem to be somewhat popular with the masses (masses being mainly Lisa, Akiva, Alex... whoever else reads this and doesn't comment), so i thought why not give it another go.

SRT #1) Sometimes i wish i had a bigger stomach. Danielle and I went to McDonalds tonight for dinner, and i REALLY wanted one of those Rolo Milkshakes (considering they only have them for a short while each year.. and it brings back memories of McDonalds on spare with Lindsay, Pam, Laura, Rudy and the rest of the gang). However, i couldn't bear the thought of not getting diet coke to go with my chicken mcnugget meal, so i decided i would have the milkshake for dessert. Well what do you know, after 1 pop and medium fries and 6 measly nuggets.. i was PLUMB FULL. Goddammit! Some may see it as a blessing but i feel CURSED!! (okay i'm overreacting a little, and it's probably good that i didn't have that whole meal and a milkshake but i'm allowed to indulge every once in a while)

2)
Since when did it become cool again to wear hot pink sweatbands out in public to play bball?? Cause PRAISE THE LORD that's my favorite trend from the 80s. Well not just the sweatbands either but the NEON oh baby the neon. Anyhow that's John about 10 min ago in his gear ready to go ballin'. Crazy kids, what will they roll out with next?


3) I really have got to start knitting again. I definitely miss it, but there always seems to be something more interesting to do around here. On second thought that's not true i spend way too much time watching tv. Alright new prerogative - more knit less sit (ting in front of the tv.. but that ruins the rhyme). Any ideas on what i should knit next??

4) So today my french class got moved into a different room... this room is seriously the size of a janitorial closet. I spose it was inevitable cause there are NINE people in my entire french class, so now we all sit around this huge conference table in comfy chairs and our prof sits at the head of the table. It's really quite hilarious. Today she made us sing this song in french. It wasn't even a cutesy little tune to learn words or anything.. it sounded like a french pop song from perhaps the 80s. Très embarrassant.

5) I miss MattE. He just disappeared off the face of the planet. I should have expected that since he did the same thing last year when he went to Ryerson for the first time, and i don't blame him too much cause i know he's busy with his new place and his 2nd year and all (as am i), but i guess i just thought it might be different because we had such a fun summer. We really revived our friendship this summer - working together all the time and then going to Summerstock rehearsals and being together some more and then hanging out with Lisa and being together EVEN MORE... and now we're just completely separate again. Sad. Gah sometimes i hate how much things change.

6)
Best way to cheer up a roommate who's pissed off about stupid boys??







COCKTAILS!! hooray for my giant bottle of peach schnapps and the martini glasses Robyn gave me for my b-day last yr. Oh Karen and her boys.. okay you could probably say that about any one of us here in # 425.





7) Akiva remembered what SRT stands for without even looking at my blog! So proud am i. I have coined a new term!! Alright well maybe it's not going to catch on anytime soon but you just wait.. youuuu jusssst WAIT!

8) I just looked out my window to watch Carina, Ben, Frank, Thomas and John playing bball and was VERY surprised.. it is SO windy outside that it looks like it's snowing leaves!! There are yellow leaves ALL over campus. Insane. It's kind of beautiful in a crazy way. Much better than actual snow at least.

9)
We hung some christmas lights i brought home from my grandparents house this weekend. Our living room is SO boring, so this is the first step in spicing it up a bit. Hopefully it's not too long until the poster sale cause that'd be a good way to decorate. (For those of you who don't know, they have this big "Imaginus" poster sale in Mac Hall for a week where u can get some awesome posters). Anyone else have ideas for decorating??


10) I'm feeling better today. My throat barely hurts at all, but my jaw is still ridiculously jammed. What is WITH that. I look retarded when i try and eat anything wider than a chicken nugget.. like a sandwich.. that just DOESNT work, i have to rip it into little pieces and put it in my mouth. SO sad.

11) I don't know what to do about my job. I don't need one, but i do want to work at Market Mall when that moxie's opens up. For now they're just not going to schedule me until i tell them to cause really.. i have way too much work to do right now with school and all.,

12) AKIVA GOT A NEW FRIEND!! First the grocery store and now THIS:
Meet Herbert.. Akiva's eyebrow barbell!! YAAAY. I am such a fan of piercings and i'm a fan of Akiva .. put the 2 together and well.. you deserve a picture on my Blog!! How hardcore badass does he look now? Especially with the black hat. Oh Akiva my little oxjewhardass.
No but seriously, I think it suits him SO well and as soon as he told me he wanted a piercing i was all for the eyebrow so i'm glad that is what he picked. Love it.


13) My birthday is in a month and 2 days!! The the glorious part of the year when i catch up to the rest of the people in my "grade" (not like we have those anymore) and don't seem so young anymore. Yeah sure i still LOOK like i'm 12, but that's not what the documents say!!

14) Lisa is making me very jealous with her photo-ipod ownership. Now I'm trying to think of good birthday presents.. i was thinking a TV and DVD player for my room.. but really my computer is just fine for watching DVDs on and i don't really NEED to watch mindless TV in my room when we have a TV in the living room. Any ideas?? Help a woman out here.

15) Okay so the other day Heather and I wanted to go do Karaoke but since i live in the NW now we had to find a new place to go to. We looked it up on the internet and found out that the Point and Feather in Ranchlands has karaoke on Sat. nights so off we went. Much to our dismay we got there, ordered our MINI PITCHERS of drinks, and realized it wasn't karaoke so much as.. name that TUNE. WELLL .. did we wuss out? did we sulk away? did we give up and go home?? NO!! we were really late so we joined teams with these 2 girls who had been there since the start and had a decent amount of points.. and ended up WINNING THE WHOLE GODDAMN THING!! Yeaaaah we did. You shoulda seen me grab the mike and scream "WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO GO BY WHAM!!!" .. ooh and us dancing to "hey ya" with the middle agers at the table next to us - classic. Just goes to show that Heather and I can make the best of any situation and have fun no matter what. We won a 25$ bar tab but we were leaving anyways so we just left it with the other 2 girls. I only got one pic cause i didn't take my cam. to the bar, i got Karen to take this before we left cause Heather looked so goddamn hot. She got a cute new coat too which i am jealous of cause i can't find my winter coat.. but it's not in this pic:

BAh! She's still so nice and tanned. You can hold all your jokes about my ghostliness.. i know i'm white and i'm okay with it. I've really heard enough about it in the past few months (especially from my managers at moxies.. gah). If you were really my friend you would rather me be white than sit in a cancer box and slowly kill myself to fit society's picture of 'beautiful'. If we lived in Cleopatra's day and age we would all be painting our skin to make it whiter so maybe i was just born in the wrong century.

Alright thats just about the right amount of rambling for one night, my typing muscles are starting to hurt.

Love you all,
Colleen

8 Comments:

  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    GRRRR...i hate all you randoms that posted before me. Ahh...I just left my computer mid-comment and now i dont even remember all the funny things i was gonna say....um...oh yeah:

    I think you should knit me a Herbert Warmer for Hannukah! hah...that'd be awesome. I mean he's metal and bound to get cold in the bitter Toronto winter. If I bump into Matt E. I'll beat him up and tell him to call. I love how you are helping your friends string the lights...oh wait...NO YOUR NOT...you are just taking pictures of them struggling. Nice...

    And WOOT to being ColleenSays BlogWorthy! I get my own pic on her blog that she didn't even take! that is a rare and great honour people. Another honour is being friends with the twon sexy girls in that last picture...Heather and...hmm...what's that ghostly girls name? I think she is in the Corpse Bride...oh yeah...Colleen or something...no wait...Lopeen...you that's it.

    Akiva

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your skin is fine.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Colleen!!!
    Power to the whiteness! I'm so with ya girl. you better free up some time for me so i can come see your place! I'll be mad if it doesn't happen soon...luv ya darlin

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger plouffmeister said…

    i think you should knit one of those really old big swin suit, the like full body ones. It'll take a while, but you can wear it for burmuda shorts day next year!

     
  • At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks, dude! That explains it.

     
  • At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's so great that you share this with us

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to say that www.blogger.com is really a good website

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home