Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Disclaimer: some words may be fabricated, though they should be understandable

I don't know how anyone ever wrote with a pencil and paper. I think so fast that i can't even type everything i'm thinking before it slips away.. but a pencil and paper? Someone should do the math, but not me, so i'll just roughly estimate that you're losing 90% of the total thoughts you think and only really recording the remaining 10%. Can you imagine how much important, interesting, or even just humorous ponderage people miss out on when a pencil and paper are the method of recordation? (thats the fabricated word thing coming in)

Speaking of outdated technology, how did anyone ever take pictures with regular film cameras? I really don't think i'd be the person i am today without my digital camera by my side at all times. It allows me to capture things i'd never find if i was using a regular camera and had to worry about using up film, or wasn't able to see exactly how my pictures looked when i took them. When you take zillions of pictures everywhere you go you're bound to get a few good ones for sure. Lets see what i can dig up...


Akiva and I downtown. It was going to be a lovely picture until Akiva turned to tell me there was a lady right behind me trying to get by. I took the picture anyways (take that lady), and it turned out really neat.

While downtown Akiva noticed this big metal door reading "Fire Exit", that is not attached to a building. Click on the picture and then look at it closely, not attached! So, i guess if there's a fire and you need to escape out of the wire-fenced-in area, you'll have to first open the door and then run out. Anyways, makes for a great picture!

This is what happens when you shout "guys look at me" and only one person hears you in time.

Heather looks so serene in this picture, although there is something odd shaped in her mouth. Funny thing is i realized after that there are actually 2 people in this picture named heather (the picture on the shelf behind is Mosley's sister Heather).

This is my brother, my grampa, and I in his hospital room. There is nothing more priceless than a grandfather in a santa hat.. unless its a grandfather in a santa hat singing to jingle bells. When i told my grandma that my grampa sang part of jingle bells with me, she said "I have never heard him sing one word in his life". It was just so special.

Our christmas tree, taken at night in a dark room with no flash. The christmas lights are the only light in this picture, amazing. Also the first time we've had a christmas tree in 4 years.

This is what you would see if you were a bowl of mashed potatoes at christmas dinner.

This is what your mom looks like when she is crying over a christmas gift you make her with a bunch of pictures of you as a baby with her. I found a book called "My Mom is Excellent" and then found pictures from my childhood that went with the story in the book and pasted them in. I even cried when looking through our family photo albums, i love her so much.


And finally.. we thought Lindsay had the same color of hair as her dog. Turns out her hair is a bit darker, but Monty DOES look great with pigtails!

I hope everyone had a great newyears, and check back in a few days for my newyears eve pictures from Beth & Jane's. Plus, if you have any pictures from that night you should definitely send them to me :)

Love,
Colleen

2 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    Hah YAY...I love all these photos so much. That last one is pricless.

    I think the reason I love that top one of me and you so much (besides the fact taht me and you ar ein it) is cuz it is so kinetic and it captures a moment in the middle of an action. You should try more like that.

    Akiva

     
  • At 2:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know that you picked the most flattering picture of me to post on your blog thingy. Honestly, how would you feel if I waited until you had something oddly shaped in your mouth, snapped a picture at the most inopportune moment and posted it for all the world to see???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home