Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

what a lovely day

Today at one point when i checked the weather it was 7 degrees above!! EAT THAT everyone who doesn't live in calgary!! It was amazing. It was so nice and sunny and not cold out today that it was absolutely impossible to not be in a great-tacular mood. Normally after a 6:00am fire drill in rez. i would NOT be having a good day, but somehow i did!

One thing that was great about today was that after my business law class i toodled on over to my french class thinking it was going to be horrible. I even bought myself a huge slice of hawaiian pizza with ranch dressing and a diet pepsi from the sweet little cafeteria in the Education building just to make myself happy before french. BUT to my surprise when i got there.. half the students were gone! It was GREAT. Now you have to realize that last semester my french class had 9 students in it, my prof was AMAZING, and they moved us into this little janitor-closet-type room and we sat around a big conference table at comfy chairs. SO this semester when i walked into a class with a prof i didn't know and a full class of over 30 students all crammed into little tiny desks, i was NOT happy. For the first week none of us even got to speak french except if we were asking a question, so that sucked. I was all prepared to just hate this class until today, when it just suddenly turned good. So I sat down with my pizza and pop and had lunch while learning about prepositions. YAY -- lunch and learning ... the classic combo!

Alright so i'm still not completely caught up with all my courses and the massive amounts of reading we have to do, but really.. who reads all the chapters they're sposed to every night anyways? Thats definitely something that is better left to the last week before the midterm. Mhmm, thats my story and i'm sticking to it. What is more important is watching the 2 hour season premiere of American Idol.. oh yeah!! SO classic. The only sad thing is i'm not living at home so i can't watch it every week with my mom like we used to do :(

OH MY GOSH, so the germans, the scots and I went up to Edmonton last Saturday to go to the mall. We went to the University of Alberta for a little bit and i got to see Linday.. so sorry for the no shout out before homie, so here it is -- YO YO WASSUP MY L-DIZZLE in the E-DizTON i MISSIZZLE your NIZZLE and SIZZLE yeaaah. Anyhoo, i didn't take my camera up to Edmonton due to the fact that i got up 5 minutes before we were leaving so i was lucky to even have pants on when i was dragged out the door, but i got a few pics from David and hopefully i'll get some more from Carina or Anna later...

So the 'tourists' decided they wanted to see the Alberta Legislature buildings. Me being super tired and also thinking i was too cool for all of that, decided to stay in the car. Well LOOK what i missed out on. SO choked. This picture is PRIME, especially since it's a bunch of foreigners with a giant Canadian flag. Apparently they just have those blazers there for you to put on and get a picture, how rad is that? Even if David did have to wear a women's jacket, hehe.

And I like to call the next section "why the Germans are so strange":













... yes, that is a belt around Frank's head.

THEN my dearest Lisa came to meet us at West Ed. and her and I shopped for a good 9 hours. I spent $400!!! AAAH, there goes all my christmas money and more. but it was so worth it, spending a whole day with my bestest girl and eating one of those banana chocolate coconut crepes, and eating at Taco Bell (we need a taco bell in OUR mall for god sakes), oh and eating at 'death by chocolate' .. good thing i worked off all that poundage by shopping. I can't wait to go back up there again to visit her and lindsay and maybe stay in rez with them? EEeee!! it'd be great cause i don't have classes on Fridays at all so i could go up thursday night and stay for 3 days! Yaay. It's really sweet having a long weekend EVERY weekend.

CHECK OUT lisa's awesome post about our Edmonton excursion on her blog: http://awakeislove.blogspot.com (or just click on *lisa* on the right hand side of this page)

Ooh and now i have some pictures to show you. Last week we had our Moxie's staff party at Tantra, they had the whole place just for Moxie's staff from all the Moxie's around Calgary. Jeff and Lindsay came and picked me up, and since the theme was "Hollywood Holiday Party" they decided we should dress up.










Jeff was Tom Cruise in Top Gun and Lindsay and I went as Jessica and Ashlee Simpson. However, nobody else was really dressed up like a celebrity, so most people didn't even realize that I was supposed to be anyone, and they thought Lindsay was Paris Hilton. WHATEVER, we had fun :)










Dirty hookers!! .. oh wait.. the SHOT not US!!

Yay we all had so much fun dancing and boozing it up and i got to see Maria and Luke and Erin and all the great people that trained us at southport. Then on the way home we stopped for pizza and Lindsay got in a bit of a catfight with some random guy at the pizza place.. classic! So much fun! Thanks so much to Jeff for picking me up AND waiting for me at the end so he could get me home safe. Good friends, i'm going to miss that place :)

Alright final thoughts..

1) I have like 50 million things to do in the next 2 months to get all set up for co-op, eww
2) I have SO much laundry to take home this weekend !
3) STEF! I hope your allergies are getting better and i can't remember whose turn it is to email, so maybe i'll just take a leap and email you soon :)
4) Carina, Thomas, Frank -- thank you so much for taking me to Edmonton with you. I had a great time with you guys and Anna and David.

Love,
Colleen

2 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    I hate you and your nice weather. Yesterday was miserable here in the T-dizzle. more like T-DRIZZLE...gah.

    Akiva

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    West Ed mall is the shit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home