Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Tonsils, open mics, and other great stuff

Alright well tomorrow is d-day. I guess i should say.. in 7 hours, since i have to be at the hospital at 6 freaking 30 am!!! whaaaat. that is just not cool. maybe i should go to bed in my clothes and just get my mom to carry me to the hospital in the morning. good plan colleen, good plan

Anyways yes, i'm getting my tonsils out.. a tonsillectomy if you will. Now you might think this is a rather harmless procedure and plenty of people get it done, but that is usually CHILDREN and apparently as an adult (which, as much as you wouldn't believe it, i AM) it really really hurts. I'm supposed to stay at home for a week and completely rest, meanwhile probably lose 10 pounds from not being able to eat anything. BUT

My grampa died yesterday. I will refer you to this post if you don't know what was going on with my grampa. Anyhow so we're going up to Hanna, Alberta on Sunday for the funeral on Monday. I hope I'm well enough to go, i would really hate to miss it. But i doubt i'll be in any shape to visit with relatives, which is really a shame. Anyhow, i'm really going to miss my grampa. He was such a strong person and always had a smile on his face for his grandchildren. He told stories of the old west like nobody else could, and put gravy on his cake and didn't care what anyone else thought about it. I love him so much, and i love my gramma and i hope that will all of her family around her in the next week she'll be able to come through this okay.

There's my gramps at christmas time with my brother. Man he is so cool with his sunglasses on.

Anyhow so yeah, that is my week up ahead. I plan on thoroughly documenting my tonsil extravaganza, although i won't be able to get any pics of the actual surgery, i will try and get my mom to snap as many as she can afterwards. I bought tons of yummy things to eat next week, but i've read some scary websites that say i won't want to eat anything for DAYS afterwards. Man, now i can see why they say i'll lose 10 pounds.

Okay ! its about time for something fun!!
Yesterday (tuesday) David and I worked up a little set to play at open mic. at the Den. We got video of it and as soon as i find away to post that video you can be sure i will. In the meantime i'll show you a couple pictures and you can just imagine us singing, hehe:











Alright well thats about all that's new for now. Ooh i got a second interview for Enterprise Rent-a-car for the position of co-op student management trainee. That could be good. Who knows. All i know is it's better than working in a restaurant all summer again, and plus if i do a co-op job then i can stay living in rez cause i'm considered a full time student.

Right well wish me luck as i am about get to get my tonsils cut and cauterized out of me.
I sooo wish i could get a picture of that for you. :)
Colleen

5 Comments:

  • At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAAAAAAAYYYY!!!

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    David's words a revolutionary and speak for us all...hah. hnis words are so powerful that I am unsure wether awe or dread is the correct feeling. I have chosen to remain indifferent.

    you have been so good and positive this week, despite it really being a pretty shitty week, adn i am proud of you. Good luck on your operation and may you have a Refuah Shelaimah (Hebrew for "Full/Speedy Recovery". I can't wait to talk to you all drugged up next week. I promise to take any bitchiness you throw at me because of the pain.

    You guys sounded great rehearsing for me over MSN, and I'm sure you were even more amazing at the Den. Hoefully you heal fast enough so that you can do it one more time before the end of the semester.

    Lots of love (even more this week than before, if thats possible),

    Akiva

     
  • At 2:43 AM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    AKIVA! your spelling is horrendous! But i love you anyways.. even if you did say i should heal fast 'hoefully'. Oh i will be so full of hoe, don't you worry. Thanx for wishing me a Refuah Shelaimah, i take that kind of thing to heart.

    Love for you too my sicky

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOOOOOO!!!!! GO 504!!!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger plouffmeister said…

    i hope your tonsils dont hurt too bad getting them taken out
    i hope you dojt miss htem
    sorry bout ur grampa...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home