Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Monday, February 06, 2006

my new project

Alright before i forget, i added a link on the RIGHT ---> that you can click on to access ALL of my photo albums on Facebook. I should also not forget to thank STEF for introducing me to facebook :) Keep checking on those albums cause i'll keep adding to them!

Now onto my new project. I haven't knit/crocheted anything since Lisa's mittens (which i'm still waiting on a picture of, i forgot to get one at x-mas, in the midst of the big red-wine fiasco, oh dear!).. so i need to get knitting, i totally miss it! I found this gorgeous brown variegated yarn, and it was cheap too! Who cares that its acrylic, its pretty. So i'm going to make a tube top out of it, i want the bust of the tube top in a solid rib, but the rest of the body is going to be in this lace pattern:

The top is the pattern pic from the book "Stitch 'n Bitch Nation" and its super cute, but i don't have enough yarn OR patience to make the entire sweater, so yeah i'm just going with the tube top. The bottom pics are my actual yarn and a little swatch i knit up. Its too bad that it's so damn hard to get a good pic of a swatch. Oh well i'll keep you posted :)

So this weekend was fun, went to the den a few times, went to the Roadhouse one night, and then we had a little beach party over at Krystles (across the hall from me) and didn't QUITE make it to the Den as planned. BUT here is us in our beach attire ! Yay for Krystle my awesome neighbor who i just discovered is a wild party animal like myself!!

Krystle is the one beside me on the rightand the other two are her awesome friends from back home in Nova Scotia.

In other news i'm still on the job hunt. I made Leanne make me promise to actually write up my first cover letter tonight, so THATS what i'm procrastinating doing RIGHT NOW!! If only cover letters were as easy to write as blog entries. Why oh why not?

Alright fine,
i'll go do it

Love,
Colleen

1 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Colleen,
    I myself have a little knitting project going on right now, but i won't disclose any details here, but I will tell you all about it over reading week. -Bethel (aka Beth)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home