Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Monday, March 06, 2006

poetry in motion


An Afternoon in the Life of a Girl With Too Much Time on Her Hands
by Colleen Dauncey

The zeros on my inbox page taunt me
0 new messages
0 messages from your contacts
0 junk mail messages

an hour later - zero
two hours later - zero
three hours later - zero
zero, you get the point

then I remember I'm a girl
a girl who likes boys.
boys aren't like girls at all
boys don't check their e-mail every hour

I wish they would

so I wouldn't have to wait and check
the zeros taunting me
every step of the way


Oh man i have been up way too long writing a paper for my communications studies class. It's going to be a good one though, it's on the song "Nothing Better" by The Postal Service and the reason it's taking me so long is that i have SO much to say about it. We're supposed to pick one aspect of the text and analyze it for this paper but it's so hard to narrow it down to one. I start talking about the audience of the text and move to talking about the credibility of the band and end up talking about Jen Wood and how she came to sing Ben Gibbard's lyrics. It is now 5:44am. I have been working on this since 5:00pm yesterday, and i'm still not bored. Not at all. This is why it's nice to be able to pick your own topic for a paper :)

Still not going to bed,
must prepare my presentation.
But i will say goodnight to you..
Love,
Colleen

1 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    I love your poem. I'd like to think that maybe my poetry was subconciously an inspiration for this wonderful peice of work. Woot woot.

    Akiva

     

Post a Comment

<< Home