Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

i've come to the realization

.. i have so many things to be excited about. I have school to work on, friends to be with, music to make, things to knit, food to cook! One thing i don't have is any energy to put towards any negative thoughts and i certainly do not plan on expending any of my energy on any negative people.

I think i've done a pretty good job of surrounding myself with great people. For example, you who are reading this.. probably a friend, a great friend.. what are you excited about right now? Let me know, i'd love to hear it.

What am i excited about right now? midterms are over! that is great. Oh and i'm getting my tonsils out on thursday. Okay, now you probably don't think that's very exciting but for me it is. I've been living with huge enflamed tonsils for a bit over 2 years now. It is terrible. And YES, this is how long it really takes to get an appointment. Even longer if you don't settle for the scary chinese doctor who sticks things up your nose without warning. Anyways the point is, i'm excited, its going to hurt a lot but once it's all better then i won't have to deal with getting sick all the time and having a constant horribly sore throat. Plus i told my dad he had better stock-pile some jello and pudding for me.. ooh i should add popsicles to that list for SURE!

I'm also excited because i'm going to the Metric concert in April here at Mac Hall! I haven't been to a concert since i saw Bryan Adams in gr 12 so really, i can't WAIT! Metric is awesome and i'll probably have no voice the next day cause i'll lose it from singing so loud to every one of their songs. Especially "Poster of a Girl" cause its partly in french and i mean come on.. so bilingually talented this band is! Hehe.

Mmm, excitement. I'm excited that unless something goes terribly wrong, Steph, Jenn and I should be living together in an apartment in rez next year. THAT is so exciting! Only thing that would make it better is if Carina could stay in Canada and live with us, aww, i'm going to miss my little German roommate. Anyhow yes, roomies next yr! I cant wait to make trips to ikea just to find sweet new things to decorate with, and trips to the grocery store to pack our freezer so full that it won't close, and parties and potlucks and movie nights! It'll be really nice having friends coming into next year after having to fend for myself at school 2 years in a row.

Speaking of Steph, here she is in the flesh-- well she WAS there in the flesh but to bring it to the screen i had to capture the moment with the digital cam. and well, you know the drill.










On the left: Steph and Mitch and 'their baby', very realistic, cute family (disclaimer: baby not actually theirs).
On the right: here we are at the Roadhouse after Mitch's giant party finally died down (disclaimer: party was not actually giant at all). Mitch said he was pretending to kiss me in that picture but it looks to me more like he's trying to spit in my hair.. not nice mitch.

Hmm so that was last night. What else have i been up to lately other than the proceedings of hellweek (for those of you who don't understand hellweek to its fullest extent: 3 midterms, 1 paper and 1 presentation, all within 4 days, uh huh).. well:

1) i had to get my dad to take my guitar in to get fixed cause one string was rattling all the time, so i've been completely devastated not being able to play at all for the past week, and apparently i'm not getting it back now till next weekend!

2) I came out of the closet. Photographic evidence here:

(Disclaimer: was only in closet for food-fetching purposes, coming out of the closet was purely to avoid suffocating and is not in any way affiliated with any confessions of secret emotions)






3)
Went to the roadhouse last weekend as well. However that was only due to Stephanie's whimsical following of cute boys so i shall not take any blame for the roadhouse overload this month, okay? Plus Anna and Ever were there so really was there any other way to go?


4) We had a bit of a fiasco with frozen vegetables in a plastic bag. I was cooking something on one burner and karen had seen me using it, so i didn't think anything of it when i took my pot off the burner. However.. it didn't really register with her that the burner was hot and she put her giant club sized bag of veggies on the burner and when she went to lift it up.. ALL OVER THE FLOOR went the little peas and carrots and beans. Oh it was hilarious.. and cold on the feet.



Alright that's all for me this week :)
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend

Love,
Colleen

2 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    I really liked this story. Much of this had to do with the vivid characters you have created. They all felt very real, and I felt I could relate to many of them. For example: Dr. Chinese (because I like sticking things up your nose without warning), Steph (because I like to pretend baby pictures are my real children, going so far as to hold them to my teet and try to get them to feed), Mitch (because I enjoy spitting in your hair under the guise of kissing), Guitar (because I have a string loose and rattling about), and the narrator (because I have come out of the closet too as a lesbian...what can I say, we both love the ladies). I also enjoy the names you have made up, such as Ever...which i like the coolest name...ever.

    Your discriptions are very well done and really put the reader into the story. I felt as though it was my own feet that were getting cold when I walked over the frozen vegetables. I also felt as though it was my own tonsils that were hrutng (oh wait...they were too). I love that you are expermenting with the graphic novel form. Your drawings are getting quite good and with a little more work will look quite photorealistic. One let down as far as visual aids go though, was that you didn't include an actual peice of Steph's flesh. it seemed like you were building up to that, but didn't follow through.

    The greatest part about your writing is the narrative voice you have established. The narrator is quirky, spunky, energetic and delivers the story with such humour, that the reader forgives the fragmented and fractured nature of the peice. Keep up the good work, and keep working at it.

    Akiva

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im excited for sleep. because its late right now. and i know you're prolly feeling the same way, i know after my surg, i slept like a grizzly. maybe that was because of the perkacets.... and the T-3's...... and the other strange lil orange pills i had to take. anywho....... i dont have an account on here, cuz im not really a full out blogger yet. but its Conlan. byes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home