Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Exams, moving, and jobs

Three things that stress me out so much... and ALL happening at the same time! How luck am I. So yeah, i'm done 2 final exams now, which went okay (at least i think they did, so lets keep our fingers crossed). The next one i have is my french test tomorrow which wouldn't be bad at all except its mostly french history and i hate/am bad at history in general. But the worst will definitely be my business law test on thursday. I just don't want to even do that at all.

You know what doesn't stress me out? BSD! At the university on the last day of classes we have a 'Bermuda Shorts Day' party allll day and there are beer gardens at school and then (if you make it that far) you go out to various clubs at night. I actually made it to the club this year, which is a step up from last year when i almost fell asleep on the train on the way home from the university at like 7pm (see last year's BSD entry here . I'm not going to post a bunch of pictures because my whole album is up on facebook so you can see it here even if you're not already on facebook. But here's a few delightful pics to tickle your interest:










Mmm we went for the pancake breakfast for all the rez kids before hitting up the beer gardens!













On the left is one of the bands on the main stage, called the HorrorPops, who were pretty good but i must admit i wasn't paying a lot of attention considering i was on probably my 6th drink. However, if last year's Bedouin Soundclash BSD performance turned success story is any indication, perhaps we'll be hearing a lot from the HorrorPops in the future.

Oh and on the right there is proof that we actually made it to the club! YAAAAY. Too bad Andrew, me, and Steph all got the flu... in that order.. starting that night. But we're alive now, against all odds.

Right okay so the other night I went to go see Andrew's band Lions and Tigers and Bears play at the bar at SAIT. I'd heard some of their songs before, on their MySpace and on their website, and of course i've heard Andrew sing/play guitar before and he's amazing, but I have to say i was really impressed with the quality of their music live. Some bands are great on recordings and in real life you're like 'what.. on earth.. is this racket?!', but not LTB. Anyhow, i was impressed, as was Steph who came along w/her bf Jon to keep me company while Andrew was up on stage. I tried to take a few pics but the quality turned out pretty bad whether i had the flash on or not. Here's a couple though..










On the right is Andrew's cousin Cody, the band's drummer, being a tiger, and Andrew being the worst Lion i have ever seen. I'm so not intimidated.

What else is up? Well this week coming up i'll find out if i have a job for the summer. If i don't get one of the ones i've interviewed for for the co-op program, then i am thinking i might just take a full course load of classes in the spring and summer semesters, that way i'd be a semester ahead in school and could then do a co-op work term in the fall. If that's the case then i'll still live here in Rez for the summer, but i will have to move to a different building because my building isn't open in the summer for students (they use it for conference housing). However, if i do get one of these jobs then i will be moving home to my parents' house cause they're in the south and it just makes more sense. So either way there is moving in my future, and i have NO time to pack since i still have 2 exams left and i have to move out of this room by friday. BOOO. Oh well, i'm excited to see what the future has in store for me.

Ooh it was so nice out the other day, i got my mom to take a pic of my dad and I. He's wearing the UofC dad shirt to support me, and i am wearing the Lions and Tigers and Bears shirt to support Andrew... and cause i just like the shirt.. and cause i have nothing else red and it was a flames game day.. wait, i don't have to explain my clothing choices to you!!


Alright thats about enough blabbing on for me.
See you all in the summer, it starts for me in 4 days!

Love,
Colleen

4 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    Hah...yay for a wicked blog!

    The only way that post could have been better is if you and your dad switched shirts. Your dad needs to show some LTB love, and you need to shout it out for the UofC Dads!

    Akiva

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Colleen! said…

    yeah i thought of that, but the LTB shirt didn't fit my dad. In fact it sorta ripped a little when he tried to get it over his stomach. Guess not everyone can be a "little person" like Andrew and I. Just little people in a big world.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    Well goo thing you plan on getting fat. Maybe thats what it will take for Andrew to realize there is an invisible market in plus-sized LTB t-shirt-wearing fans.

    Akiva

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    goo thing indeed...good as well.

    Akiva

     

Post a Comment

<< Home