Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Colleenanmore Andrewventure...

is what I call the trip Andrew and I took to Canmore on May long weekend. Saturday of the weekend was his 22nd birthday and the day after was our 2 monthaversary, so we were in need of some celebration! We did this by:
  • eating junk food
  • listening to awesome music (in particular the newest All American Rejects CD, i'm a big fan)
  • swimming in the pee water pool at the hotel
  • visiting cute restaurants (one amazing bagel shop, and a place called "The Gourmet Croissant", and a quirky place called "Zonas")
  • opening Andrew's crazy puzzle of birthday presents
  • drinking... alcohol
  • taking ridiculous pictures in front of garbage cans, mailboxes, mannequins.. and other inanimate objects
Some photographic evidence of the weekend:











On the left, the aforementioned presents - check out that neon on black gift wrap, with such sayings as "awesome" and "jammin". On the right, the aforementioned puzzle - when all the pieces are put together it is his birthday card.











Road trips are so much fun with this guy... and is there anything better than an envelope containing room keys.. to a hotel room.. that your parents will not be in AT ALL?! No, the answer is no, there is nothing better.

Okay so present #1 was the new All American Rejects CD "Move Along", which turned out great for me cause it was AWESOME and we listened to it a few times all the way through on the ride up to Canmore.

Present #2.. this sweet reversible belt, bumping up Andrew's belt population from 1 to 2.. wait 3.. wait, I dunno.. more than before!










Yeah.. thats right.. ass shots. For all you ladies out there. WTF biatch stop looking at my boyfriends butt!!

Present #3 - the Argyle sweater. After teaching Andrew exactly what argyle was, I found it only fitting to buy him some of his own. Plus he's so darn cute in sweaters, I couldn't resist.










On the left, a picture I call - "Eyeing the Diet Pepsi - one man's journey through a refreshing beverage".
The picture on the right is called - "Could your patterns clash any more? No really, could they? Cause I'd like to see that. That'd be great, two patterns clashing more than those. Yep.. sure would. Ohhh patterns."

Oh and Present #4 was the very very mellow Neverending White Lights CD. Great music, but don't listen to it while driving.. if you want to stay awake.

So, onto the 2 monthaversary. I woke up to a beautiful bouquet of a dozen red and pink roses. I kept telling Andrew to send the room service lady away but he insisted on answering the door... i'm glad he didn't listen to me. But if he EVER doesn't listen to me again..










Awww, anniversary TOASTER STRUDELS. The best kind too - strawberry.. with badly drawn hearts. Well okay, its only mine that is badly drawn, was i DRUNK?? And on the right.. we get all dressed up to go out for a nice dinner.

AND THEN AFTER DINNER.. we had a litttttle photo shoot.













Andrew's new female friend, and my new "mail" friend.













Oh we are such posers. I love Canmore cause the whole town looks like a photoshoot backdrop...



Especially this part.






And then our weekend sadly drew to a close. We found we had quite a bit of work to do before leaving the room how we found it..










But soon we were headed back towards the big city, armed with good music, a half dozen fresh bagels, and a vase of roses strapped into the back seat.




'






And THAT, my friends, is what you get when you let 2 of the goofiest people on earth go to another part of the province BY THEMSELVES. Yeah, you'll be sure never to do that again, won't you.

Thats all for now!
Colleen

1 Comments:

  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger The Collabos said…

    Awww.

    that looks like a great weekend. I can't wait to mee this Andrew...I already think he is awesome, so now I just have to meet him. happy birfday to him and happy 2 month Andrewversary. Also...Colleen...that skirt is amazing...the teal one with the brown patterns...one of my favourite skirts ever.

    Akiva

     

Post a Comment

<< Home