Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

i didn't stop knitting, i just stopped posting knitting pics!

Alright i'll start out this entry with a couple of seriously random pictures from the Point the other day when Linds, Laura, Matt and I met up with Tweeds and Beth (well, by the time matt go there those 2 were gone but that's not important, although i still wonder why we seriously couldn't find him for a couple hours there). Steve musta taken some pictures when he was looking through the pics on my camera, he's either realllly sneaky and took these without me noticing or i noticed but completely forgot a minute later.
Random indeed!

And now for some knitting pictures, just to prove that i HAVE been doing something productive:

These are the 3 hats i crocheted for my 3 lovely ladies, plus a few extras that i made to match!

On the left is Lindsays hat, made specifically to match the scarf i made her for her b-day. Soon as she gives me a pic of her wearing both together i'll for sure put them up!

On the right is the blue hat i made for Robyn, my little blue baby, and the scarf that i made by stitching together a bunch of crocheted granny squares and then making a white border. After i took this pic i also added blue and white tassles, and i also need a pic of Robyn wearing these beauties. OH how i wanted to keep this scarf!!! it took me sooo long

Alright and here is my lovely Heather sporting her matching crocheted hat and mittens-on-a-string set. Oh and pay special attention to that pom-pom, she made it herself!

Alright well it's about time to show you what i'm working on NOW!

First up is my ghetto-fab legwarmer. I started working on this as soon as i got the idea a few weeks ago, and so far it's going super. I get to use up all my extra stash yarn while also mixing and matching crazy colors and will eventually end up with 2 kickass non-matching crazy legwarmers that i PROMISE to wear in public sometime, perhaps with a short skirt. Other than that the plan is to wear them with my tap shoes at summerstock rehearsals! WOOT!


You can still see my needles in there as i'm still working on my first leg...

Next up is that mitten i started oh so long ago. I got this yarn right b4 summerstock auditions, and my dad bought me this wicked pattern that includes these mittens, a little beret-hat-toque thing, and a scarf. MAN it was going to be such a cute little set.. but i never finished it. In fact.. this WAS the second mitten, but once i finished it (at summerstock auditions actually.. remember this gals?) i realized that the first one was hideously oversized, so i ripped that one out and never made another.



I love this yarn AND this mitten pattern, and i promise to finish at least these mittens (which will inevidably become mittens on a string), if not the entire set. Hopefully i finish sometime b4 winters over, although i wouldn't be too sad if winter just ended right about.... NOW!

Alright i'm sleepy, time to go to bed and then sleep in tomorrow until 4 and then go to work. AHH what a life. Oh well it'll be over soon enough.. school starts on Monday. EWW

Colleen (the knitting machine)

4 Comments:

  • At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Colleen, you and your knitting.

    =D

    Paula

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey babe,

    Gah...Gotta love the Point and it's crazy comfy chairs. Toronto sucks right now, hopefully it'll get better. Keep on trucking.

    Akiva

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That Steve is a sneaky bastard

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Akiva's not sneaky though he's just a big ASS
    Love
    Steve

     

Post a Comment

<< Home