Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

finally!

yay the mittens are finally done. now there's a scarf and a hat that go with it on the pattern, and i bought enough yarn to do it all, but i don't know if i'll EVER get around to that. For now i'll just revel in the glory that is my mitten on a string. YOU KNOW YOU WANT SOME FOR YOURSELF!!

Alright i love that big ol space that i can't get rid of. Anyhow i know it's been a while since i wrote anything but i've had a somewhat busy week. Here's just some of what i've been up to:

Thursday night Carlee, Jackie and I went to Cowboys and had a grand old time. I saw Chris the bartender for work and we ended up dancing for a while. What a hottie (refer back to last post for picture), too bad i hadn't taken my digital camera that night i could have gotten so many good pictures.

Friday night heather and i were itching for something fun to do soooo we headed on down to On Tap for KARAOKE NIGHT!! There were 2 other ladies there that kept going up in turns and they weren't bad.. okay one of them was bad.. but they were having fun so that's alright. Then me and heather got up there and TORE THE HOUSE UP!! We got to sing so many songs cause there was nobody else that wanted to sing, so we sang.. lets see if i can remember: Cowboy take me away, We Danced Anyways, At the Beginning (from Anastasia!) - we sang our hearts out with KICKASS harmony, it was awesome.

Heather and I also sang a few songs separately, it was all great fun until i started to sing Killing me Softly. Well if anyone has seen me at Karaoke they know that that is MY KARAOKE SONG, i've performed it before at talent shows and concerts (i usually accompany myself on the piano) ,its just a song that i used to have really polished and practiced up (plus i just love it). Well when i sang that song, i don't know if it was cause the guys playing buckhunter in the corner had kept buying me and heather drinks, but i just WAILED on that song. I sung my little heart out and it was .. i just astonished myself, really. I guess a couple of drinks just gets rid of my nerves cause DAMN that must have been the best i've ever sung in my life (unless the liquor just impaired my judgement).

Right so these boys thought we were prettty good (keep in mind they were intoxicated, lol) and they kept buying us whatever we wanted. Well at the end of the night we snuck a look at their tab... $175!! my lord i dont know if i've ever even seen that much money all in one place. PLUS they left the waitress an $80 tip! WHooee!! Anyways that was our fun night at karaoke, and you better believe we'll be doing that again.

Alright that was enough blabbering about myself for one night

Colleen

2 Comments:

  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwwe...Colleen we totally have to go karaoking sometime. It's the only place where my constant singing wouldn't be as annoying. Also hah the other day when i called you said something at the end of the conversation that I didn't really hear, then I said "yup" and then "bye" and I hung up...onlt to realaize a second later that what you said was "i miss you". Hah...so I didn't mean to say "yup" to that...hah...now that I realize what you said I am saying "I miss you too". Hah.

    Akiva

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The mittens are fabulous! I can't wait to see the hat and scarf.. you can do it! :)

    Jess
    __
    http://www.frecklegirl.com/blog

     

Post a Comment

<< Home