Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

something more productive like.. Roscoe

Mmm I'm loving that song by Midlake right now (Roscoe). There's a new radio station in our city (X 92.9) and they are playing all sorts of great music including rock I remember from my childhood (Nirvana, Matt Good, Smashing Pumpkins), and also introducing us to all sorts of new stuff like Midlake, Tokyo Police Club, The Dudes. I can dig it.

Alright, I know it's been a dealthly long time but I've been putting the knitting off a bit because of work and all sorts of crazy stuff I've been up to lately. But I'm back at it now, and now only knitting but I'm back at the crochet too. My grandfather was working on this blanket when he passed away. He has crocheted one for each of his children and their families, and was working on crocheting one for each of his grandchildren's families. The blanket that was in the works was meant for my half-brother, and since I am one of the only active crocheters in the family, it was passed on to me to finish. I put it away for quite a while, I wasn't quite ready to work on it and give it the attention it needed. But now I've picked up where he left off and I'm really enjoying it.
Here's what it looks like, on the bottom right corner of this picture you can see my white yarn tie, marking where I my grandfather finished and I started. So I'm just getting started, but the blanket is nearly done. It's a bittersweet feeling.

Hey! you can also see all the random stuff I have under my bed, wonderful :) I'm too lazy to move that for the shot.

Getting back into crochet for this blanket reminded me of the awesome book my awesome boyfriend got me for Christmas:




Debbie Stoller's "Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker". I already have her "Stitch 'N Bitch Nation" book, the 2nd in the Stitch 'N Bitch series, so what an observant boyfriend I have to notice that I love that book and that I crochet as well as knit, and would therefore love this one too.




There are so many things I want to make in this book. I'm excited just thinking about them. But I want to finish up the blanket before I get started on anything.

Here's a WIP that is a great little project to take around cause it's compact yet flashy, so everyone just has to ask you what you're knitting. And then when you tell them it's a.. WRISTWARMER?!?! they just look at you funny. Anyways, here is warmer #1. The second has yet to be started.











I don't have a pattern for these, but it's just a simple tube with 1x1 ribbing

on the top and bottom, a bit of wrist shaping, and a thumb hole. Easy peasy. And the secondary colour is actually a light turquoise although I know it kind of looks white, the colours didn't photograph perfectly.

Alright, I sure do love 12am fire alarms in my building, that force me and my roommates and the boy outside for 20 min so we just go to Tim Horton's because at least there they have warmth and food. Yep, that just happened, right in the middle of this post here. But now i'm pooped. Andrew and I went to see Marianas Trench and Faber Drive at Mac Hall tonight and it was a great show, but a woman has to work.. and she has to work early tomorrow morning, so goodnight all!

Love,

Colleen

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So cool your grandfather was a crocheter...

    My grammie was a big knitter and had this chair cover she was working on when she died. I started working on it but it was sooooo boring (huge stockinette rectangle) so I ended up passing it to my mom to finish.

    Love the wristwarmer. Too cute. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home