Colleen Says...

I talk, you listen... and leave me comments.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

knitting, eating and blogging

Add bathroom trips to that list and i have everything i need to survive for the rest of my life.
Here's a pic of the toque that will have flaps and a pom pom and tassles that i'm making to match my purple coat, seeee the matchingness? And tonight i just had a craving for chewy little cookies (probably because i had yummy chewy little cookies today at lunch from Bake Chef) and so i made some. I started them at 11:30 and was done by 12 just in time to watch Sex and the City. WOOOOT! thats timing! I'm taking the rest of the cookies to school for my spanish group so that i don't eat all of them.. but after i took this picture i ate about half of whats in that tupperware. OOPS. dont tell


Next up we have the swatch that i made for the socks that i'm starting. I decided socks would be fun so i went out and bought this Bernat "Sox" yarn in "jazz hot". It has pink in it so that was definitely the best choice. I had to get new DPNs too cause i did'nt have any small enough, so i bought a new set of US 3s. They're pretty small but nowhere near 1s like some people use to knit socks. With no further ado i present to you my swatch:

God knows if and when i'll ever get around to making these socks. I tried to make a toe and it took me like 2 hours and i ended up frogging it cause it was kiiiinda heinous. Oh well, you knit, you learn.

Alright so i think i might have come up with an idea as to what i want to do next year schoolwise. It seems like the biggest hassle in the world to transfer universities, even after only one year. There are all these stupid prerequisites like Calculus II and a second English course that i just really could not be bothered to take in the summer that i'd need to go anywhere else. So i think i will stay here BUT live in residence. Yeah i know what you're thinking... ewww res. But 2nd and higher year res is apartment style so i'd have my own room but live in a little apartment with 3 other people and our own kitchen and bathroom and living room/tv area. I think that'd be neat cause the biggest thing i hate about Calgary is the weather, but if i live at school i barely ever have to go outside! MUAHAHA. So i put my application form in and lets hope that i am accepted for res. I was talking to Akiva tonight and we talked about the whole res thing, and on my application i said i would prefer living in a co-ed apartment, thinking that'd be cool. Well now Akiva has me all scared that i'm going to end up getting involved with a guy in my apartment and bad things will happen and it'll be weird and it will always be messy and guys will be smelly and stupid and AHHH maybe i should have just gone for an all girls apartment. Oh well, it's all in the universities hands now, all i can do is wait.. and hope.

PLUS if i lived there i could still come home on the weekends for good food and to do my laundry and use my dads car and perhaps still work at BPs. But thats so far in the future. who the heck knows, i don't even know what i'm wearing to school and it's 2:00 in the morning and i should go to bed.

I thought i'd post this picture. Bobby told me i should get one of these a long time ago but i just went back to see it cause i remembered it was cute and i thought i'd share it with you all.

HAHA it's perfect. I'm SO blogging this.

LOVE
Colleen

3 Comments:

  • At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    COLLEEN! I just got your message you left me on my livejournal. That's crazy that you found me again.. it's been forever since we've spoken.

    Add me on MSN if you want! arsnick007@hotmail.com

    Or leave me an email!!

    -Sara Dauncey.

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hah,

    Good thing my name is in this entry. If I had paid for an hour-long long distance call without having my name mentioned I would have been right pissed. :) And I love how I scared you...more like you started freaking YOURSELF out. Oh well. Blame the Jew...you are so original. As if everyone else in the world didn't think of it first.

    Akiva

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha, I like the shirt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home